Some Money Saving Tips for Families.





Money Saving Tips



My Kids are a bit older now but when they were young I had a couple of things I did that to save money.

I used to tell my kids we could eat out more often if we skipped the soda when we ate out. It saved us about $5 or more sometimes, whenever we ate out. When the kids got home or before we would eat out I would let them have a can of soda. I always let them know we were able to eat out more often because of it.



A second thing I did especially when they were little was I told my kids that whenever they heard the Ice Cream Truck come through the neighborhood they could go to the freezer and get an Ice Cream cone or Ice Cream treat. We all know how expensive Ice Cream Truck treats are. I would keep the Store Brand in the freezer just for when the Ice Cream Truck rolled around.

Before you think my kids were traumatized by this and may end up on Oprah, my kids got very used to the soda thing and I expect my newly married daughter will do the same thing if she has children, they laugh about this now . My daughter is way more traumatized by the fact that she only got 25 cents under her pillow for a lost tooth then I raised it later realizing how low that was and her younger brother got more benefit. I still hear about this. I wish I had given her a settlement payment when I changed it when she was young. As far as the Ice Cream truck they got very excited everytime they heard the music because they knew it was Ice Cream time.
Related Links
Free Things to do this Summer

Please do not copy but feel free to Link to us.

Bookmark and Share


Click Here to be Automatically entered for our $10 Gift Certificate to Amazon Giveaway.

Winner will be notified by email.

Totally Free and Easy!


Subscribe to Recritique.Com Freebies, Printable Coupons, News and Complaint Forums by Email

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,


I noticed your "Money Saving Tips" post and wanted to send this along for possible story consideration on Holiday strategic shopping that conquers budgets with bulk shopping and "buddy bonding"…

There will be a great deal of "making a list and checking it twice" to maximize budgets this Holiday season, and one strategy is in "buddy shopping" – it's all about the "power of two" for cost-effective and strategic warehouse club shopping for the Holidays. We work with BJ's Wholesale Club and shoppers can save while taking advantage of the benefits of bulk and multi-pack savings. In addition to their own coupons, BJ's accepts manufacturer's coupons – the only warehouse club that does – that allows for multiple coupons to be redeemed on multi-packs of "individual for sale" packaged items. An example would be: BJ's sells a 2 pack of mouth wash that is normally sold and packaged as individual items in other major retail stores; you could use up to two coupons on this type of packaging in addition to many other items – and then split the cost and items in half between shopping partners – for even more savings.

Items great for divvying up include paper goods, toiletries, produce, meats, candy, cookie and muffin variety packs, juices, soda, bottled water, soap and cleaners…just to name a few. By splitting big packages, Holiday shoppers are also spending less per item than if purchased at a local grocery store (more than 30 percent over supermarket prices).

Besides savings on money, time and gas, shopping partners can finish off the "savings experience" with their own kitchen-side "packaging party," to divy up the purchases and then settle back knowing they've checked off their lists with the best savings possible.

Thanks for your consideration,

Tracy Tilson
561-998-1995